Bring on the Sun

Happy Monday, my friends! Here is a card that I made for The Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


I drew circles using Inktense Blocks on the piece of watercolor paper then went over them with a water brush to get the background. This is actually a test piece that I used to try out this technique for another project that I was working on. I couldn't bare to ditch it afterwards, so here it is. =)


Because of the colors I used, I thought the sentiment from Technique Tuesday's Bring on the Sun set was a perfect fit. The hearts are cut out from thin birch wood then colored with a red Copic marker.

That's all I have. There is still time to enter for The Wonder of Watercolor Challenge, see the details here! =)

Have a sunshiny day and thanks for stopping by!



supplies:
specialty paper: (white watercolor) Strathmore Artist Papers
clear stamp: (sentiment) Technique Tuesday
pigment ink: (Onyx Black) Tsukineko
coloring medium: (Inktense Blocks) Derwent, (red marker) Copic
dies: (hearts) Simon Says Stamp
tool: (die-cut machine) Provo Craft
other: (foam tape) 3M
card size: 4" x 5 1/2"

Comments

Lindsay said…
What a super awesome card Alice! I LOVE those bright splotches of color!
Sue said…
Stunning card Alice. I love the colours and gorgeous hearts.
Sue xx
~amy~ said…
♡♡swoon♡♡
wow!!! alice this is amazing. you are so talented! i love the colours and i am pretty sure i need these LOL! :D
BabyBokChoy said…
The effect you have created is amazing! This is so so awesome!
Amy Johnson said…
My sentiments exactly! Such a pretty and creative card!
Chunyuan said…
super love. I think I have to get the inktense blocks.
Shirley N said…
Wow Alice, wish I could have watched you do this. Beautiful!
Petti said…
This is pretty cool watercolour effect!
alexandra s.m. said…
yum! Love the challenge and what you created Alice!
Gorgeous card!!
Anita Rex said…
Don't you love it hen a test piece works out so fabulously! Such a great card! Love the colors and red hearts!
maria f. said…
So pretty and so appropriate for all of us wishing for sun.
Sandy said…
Alice your art work is gorgeous. Best test piece I have ever seen!
Sandy
yyam said…
Cool effect. Inktense blocks are fun eh? :)
Taheerah said…
This is so so *so* amazing!!! *Love* the colour wash - it's like a cross between tie dye and sunshine, the sentiment is perfect, the hearts are perfect... this card has to be a winner!!! I wish it lived with me! lol. :-)
Hey Alice! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Popular Posts