Lucas the Lion & Friendly Flowers

Hi all! Happy Junuary! Yeah, Junuary. It's January weather in June here in Northern California and that's how our local weather guy described it. We are in the 60s this week with possibility of rain. Crazy, huh? Hoping you are all enjoying a beautiful late spring (or autumn) day! =)

On to today's cards. This first one I made for Sunday Sketch #84 over at the PWCO Blog. I rotated the sketch and gave it a little twist. =)


I used the lovely Lucas the Lion from the Safari Friends collection for my card. The patterned paper is from the Playground collection by Echo Park and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

I had time to play with my Paper Smooches stamps again the other day and here is what I came up with.


Yeah, a CAS one. LOL! How often do I do this? =) The flower and sentiment are from the Friendly Flowers set. I just adore that pillow shaped flower! I chose to paper piece it this time.


The patterned paper is from the Pixie collection by Memory Box.

That's all for today. Hope you have a lovely day! =)




Thanks for stopping by!







supplies:
for the "Lucas the Lion" card:
cardstock, button: Papertrey Ink
stamps: (Lucas the Lion) PaperWorks Co., (sentiment) Hero Arts
patterned paper: Echo Park
inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black
coloring medium: Copic
brad, ribbon: unknown
dies: (tag) Papertrey Ink, (oval, scalloped oval) Spellbinders
die-cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape, foam squares
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"


for the "Friendly Flowers" card:
cardstock, button: Papertrey Ink
stamps: Paper Smooches
patterned paper: Memory Box
ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
coloring medium: Copic
ribbon: Ellen Hutson
corner rounder: We R Memory Keepers
other: sewing machine, thread, foam tape
card size: 3 1/2" x 5"

Comments

itsallrosi said…
these are so cute and very CAS!
yyam said…
These are adorable Alice! CAS works! :)
Tyggereye said…
Love these. Lions are my fav!
Karen B. said…
Both of these are just adorable! I like it when you sometimes go CAS!
Tasha said…
WOW love this, fab colours and such a cute design Alice
love tasha xx
Jeni said…
Darling cards Alice! That little lion is too cute. ~jeni :)
Jodi Collins said…
These are DARLING Alice! I just LOVE everything you create!!!
alexandra s.m. said…
Darling cards indeed and I absolutely LOVE your use of white space on the "Hello" card ;-)

Thank you Alice ~
Kelly Booth said…
Such adorable cards Alice....I so Love coming here for Peeks....Love Ya!
donna mikasa said…
You can do ANY style, Alice! Love that lion and your PS card is CAS at its best! Hugs!!
Tiffany Ervin said…
Totally sweet looking lion and love all the white space on your second card!
Mariana Grigsby said…
Hi ALice! This cards are great! I love the adorable lion of the first card!
Anonymous said…
Cute cards - I love the adorable lion. All of those safari animals are sweeties ;)
TFS, hugs, Ruth S
Virginia L. said…
SWEET cards, Alice!I love the loin and the PS image is lovely with all the white space!
Tenia Nelson said…
Super cute cards!!! tfs!!!
~amy~ said…
Such cutie pie cards!
Emily Leiphart said…
I love both cards, Alice! Cute, cute, cute!
Marlene said…
both are sweet cards, Alice!

(You should have been here in my neck of the woods, where the temps soared above 90 and it was very humid.....whew....thankfully today, it had cooled to a respectful 75!)
1LuvnMama said…
Luv your little lion! He's not scary but oh so cute! :) You are quite the King of your Jungle!
Dotty Jo said…
How lovely! Jo x
Silli said…
these are so cute Alice...;-)
Suzanne C said…
Adorable clean designs! Sweet images!
Brenda said…
Two absolute beauties!

Popular Posts